Friday, July 31, 2009

It is some time since I updated but life has been very busy for me.



I have finally finished making my Black and White quilt which has been a WIP for almost 2 years. I decided it should be finished so it could be included in the display at the Gold Coast Quilters Guild biannual show which has just ended.





Several grand children have celebrated birthdays recently, 2 of them having twenty firsts, others were 23, 20, 16 and 12, and one great grand daughter celebrated her first birthday and another will be one on the 15th August.


Also, I made a quilt for my newest great grand daughter [Liliana] who was born in March and lives in San Francisco in the USA. I had the opportunity to take it to her this month and spent 10 days in the city with family where I also met my youngest grandson [Nathan 12] for the first time. Did I say this has been a very busy time in my life??

As my DH does not travel well he decided he would not go with me so my dear Sister came from Perth and we travelled together, need I say we had a ball.


Now it is time to get over jet lag, get my feet firmly back on the ground and do some quilting.

In August I hope to meet a challenge by GC Quilters Guild and do a small quilt using the techniques learnd in a Vikki Pignatelli workshop in June. See her work at http://www.vikkipignatelli.com/ I just love it. I also have a couple of quilts to quilt for friends and and a 2 day workshop to attend with Helen Godden, really looking forward to this one too.

In the mean time I will attend Nerang Seniors Quilters each week, hold my monthly home group meeting, attend Nerang Seniors Needlecraft Group fornightly and attend the monthly Guild meeting. Somewhere amongst all this I will attend more parties, run my household, spend time with my DH and hopefully get some sleep.

3 comments:

Del Soden said...

I so 'want' that black and white quilt! I love the way the square in the middle sets the blocks spinning. It's fabulous!
Must slot this one into my "Quilts To Make" list which means I will now have to live till I'm 136.5 years old.

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt it is stunning.

cheers
Christine

Anonymous said...

wholesale ugg boots

discount ugg boots

cheap ugg boots

replica watches

wholesale watches

cheap watches

Rolex watches

Omega watches

Breitling watches

Tag Heuer watches

Cartier watches