Thursday, April 30, 2009





My DH and I have returned from a delightful 10 days in Sydney visiting our youngest son and daughter in law. They managed to spoil us with visits to local destinations and really lovely restaurants.

A highlight was when they took us to a rugby league match at the ANZ Stadium. I had not been to a game other than a local home game when our sons and grandsons have played. The atmosphere is unbelievable in the big stadium.

I managed to get to three wonderful fabric shops namely, The Patchwork Shop in Berrima, The Remnant Warehouse in Botany Road [don't be put off by the name] and Craft Depot at Pennant Hills. I could have done a lot of damage to the plastic but as I would have had to carry it home I decided on a few choice pieces to share with my daughter instead.

The photos show us entering the Stadiun and 2 of the many beautiful stained glass windows in the 'Garrison Church' at The Rocks.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I can't see the photos?

HopalongHollow said...

What lovely windows!
I am wondering now...just how many..."a few choice pieces" of fabric really are.
I can't wait to see :)
Glad you both got back safely, it looks like you had a great time.
xxx